Monday, February 2, 2015

Sister vs Sister - Scrap It Girl February challenge

Happy Monday! We have another snowday here in New Jersey, this time with snow. That means all my great plans for productive Monday are thrown out the window (or buried under snow, you pick) No crafting for me today, but I yesterday I spent some time playing with stamps and gelatos and made this layout for Scrap It Girl February challenge. This month we have a recipe challenge - use blue, numbers and arrows. I had a perfect picture to use.

 Supplies: patterned paper (Heidi Grace, Crate Paper), stamps (Fiskars, Heidi Swapp, Autumn Leaves), star punch (Fiskars), gelatos, marker (Faber Castell), mist (Tattered Angles), arrow clip (Freckled Fawn), label (Teresa Collins), tag (Jenni Bowlin)

This is Lila's and Ella's picture before the Small Stars demo bout last fall. It was the first bout for Ella and all Small Stars except Lila. Since they are the oldest in the league, the coaches put them on the opposite teams.


I masked the center of the layout with a piece of paper, stamped their derby numbers all around and splattered drops of glimmer mist. I added arrows with gelatos and blended them well with my fingers.


I cut out roller skates from Crate Paper "Oh Darling" paper and used foam tape to add them to the layout.


The title is stamped with blue ink. I went over the letters with Faber Castell big brush marker in cobalt blue and used a thin sharpie to go over the edges.

Check what other DT members did right here. You have one month to submit your take on the challenge to win a great prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment