Saturday, February 14, 2015

Class valentines and valentine shadow box

Happy Valentine! I hope the weekend is treating you well, regardless if you are celebrating today or not.

Valentine is not big in our house but we take very seriously the class Valentines project (at least I do). Every year I try to do something fun. This year I decided to make something with Eli that we already did with his big sisters years ago - heart shaped crayons.

Eli had the best time peeling the crayons and deciding what colors go where.


I posted more about this project on the Love My Tapes blog, Eli used their beautiful washi tape to write his "tos" and "froms".


This is what he gave to his classmates.


We did something different for the teachers. I designed a card with heart shaped window in the Silhouette software and cut it from white cardstock.  The heart-shaped crayon is added to the card with thick glue dot. The words on the card front are cut from vinyl with Silhouette Cameo.

Eli used Fiskars heart punches to decorate the inside of the card.

I made these chocolate dipped marshmallows for Eli's class party. I already made them once 2 years ago but this time I went with a simple topper - cardstock hearts and vinyl letters. Everything was designed and cut with Silhouette Cameo. The kids loved them!


The last project I am sharing today is a shadowbox I made for me. I used files from the new Digiplayground store to cut the hearts and the quote for the glass.


I used paper for the hearts and vinyl for the quote. I think a have a shadowbox addiction since this is the third one I am making in the last few months.


I made this shadowbox thinking about the Scrappy Hands "Family" challenge. It was posted last Sunday and tomorrow the DT will share another round of inspiration. Go take a look - fabulous projects!

To finish, I am going to share a picture of the rose I received from my husband :)


Thank you for stopping by and reading this long post :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! The class valentines are awesome and so are the marshmallow pops. And the shadowbox.. *swoon*!

    ReplyDelete