Friday, January 18, 2013

We R Memory Keepers - Winter Frost



Today I am a guest designer for We R Memory Keepers. I got to work with beautiful Winter Frost line. I loved the soft colors of the papers, beautiful embossed stickers and the fabric buttons. (The buttons reminded me the fabric buttons that were on duvet covers when I was a child.)  The most unique thing about this winter line is that is has both snowflakes and flowers. That made this collection a perfect choice to scrapbook the pictures from our unusual March this year - from snowfalls to blooming flowers in three weeks.

Supplies: patterned paper, stickers, buttons (WRMK ), glitter glaze (Li'l Davis), stickles, liquid pearls (Ranger), pearls (Want2Scrap), Silhouette Cameo

I started by layering the big diecut paper on top of the green polka dot paper. I cut out three paper borders and layered them on top of each other with dimensional adhesive.  The stripped border is covered with a thin layer of glitter glaze that adds a light sparkle. I added my pictures and the title that was designed in Silhouette Studio and cut with Silhouette Cameo.


I added snowflake stickers on the left of the snow picture and flower stickers on the right of the flower picture. Can it be more perfect?


I finished the layout with a journaling tag and few buttons.  To add just a little more interest I took Liquid Pearls in white opal and went over the scallops in the patterned paper and the dots in the green polka dot paper. The last addition was s touch of Stickles in lime green to the scalloped border under the pictures.

I still had some leftover papers and stickers so I made another winter layout. This time I used two pictures of my two younger kids snuggling on the couch. I used the Bazzill scalloped cardstock as a base, a big square of Winter Frost paper under the pictures, a journaling card and "Winter" sticker from the embossed sticker sheet. I added American Crafts thickers to complete the title.

Supplies: cardstock (Bazzill Basics), patterned paper, stickers (WRMK), glimmer mist (Tattered Angels), thickers (American Crafts), liquid pearls (Ranger)


The embellishment cluster was built with a combination of stickers and fussy cutting. I added Liquid Pearls in silver pearl to the flowers.

Here is the last layout I made. This one is super simple. One big cluster of tags, border stickers and frames.

Supplies: patterned paper, stickers, frame, button (WRMK), ink (Clearsnap), smooch ink (Clearsnap), liquid pearls (Ranger), pearls (Want2Scrap), jute (Close To My Heart)

I inked the edges of the tags with blue ink to go with Eli's blue collar. I added Liquid Pearls to the border stickers and tiny pearls to the snowflake.

Three layout. Not bad since I only had 5 sheets of patterned paper. But what should I do with  the beautiful scraps? Hmmm... How about a card?

Supplies: patterned paper, stickers (WRMK), snowflakes (Cloud 9)

Two cute penguins saying Hello.


Maybe a tag? Why not? 

Supplies: patterned paper, stickers (WRMK), letter stickers (Simple Stories), snowflakes (Cloud 9), glitter glaze (Li'l Davis), twine

That was fun! I gathered all small paper scraps and layered them on top of a shipping tag. I trimmed the edges, added letter stickers and covered everything with a layer of glaze. After the  tag was dry I added a snowman sticker and few snowflakes from my stash.


That's all. I hope you are still with me. Thank you We R Memory Keepers  for inviting me to be a guest designer! I really enjoyed working with this line!

No comments:

Post a Comment